This is a spontaneous meeting space for Villagers - step onto the virtual Soap Box and share your top-of-brain notions and passions, opinions, knowledge or a story.
The brewing of ideas will help the whole Village to better understand itself and its possibilities.
It can also help generate everyday material and reality checks for academics and policymakers to collaborate in brokering robust solutions that the Villagers want.
When down a hole, it is essential to distinguish a shovel from a ladder – one gets you out, one digs you in deeper. So too, with society’s opinion- and decision-makers. You are invited to nominate any of them for a Ladder or Shovel Award, explaining to fellow Villagers why they should endorse your Award.see more →
Here the Antipodean Blogger draws on an eclectic mix of news and comment from around the world to clarify contexts which can support, or impede, people building local connections that enable them to better understand and (sustainably) fulfill their aspirations, both within their localities and in relation to the wider world beyond them.see more →
- Don: We have learned from Julian Assange and others how the powers that be seek to foil or frustrate conflict...
- Aejaj: My sister in law is from Palestine. She called her family in the Westbank and they told her there had been a...
- Antipodean Village Blogger: The New Zealand government has been visited by Britain’s Foreign Secretary Philip...
- admin: Hello Niki, Wonderful to hear from you and so glad you happened across this account of your Dad’s amazing...
- Antipodean Village Blogger: Update: the Abbot government Since this blog was written Australia has had an election in...